What I noticed when I looked ay Becky’s blog was that she’s a scientist and works with materials for gravitational wave detectors. That for me is a totally geeky and brilliant thing to know about… so I was doubly pleased to look up Becky. Go look at her blog: https://inbeckyshead.wordpress.com
Moving on though, the Liebster award is an opportunity to get to know other bloggers a bit better with the focus being on new bloggers. I’ve had a few new bloggers recently so watch out – it might be you!
These are the rules sent to me, Becky I think has changed them – but hey, that’s the spice of life right? Or is that variety?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided from the blogger that you were nominated by
- Nominate 11 bloggers, each with under 200 followers
- Create your own set of questions for your nominations to answer
I’ve been asked these questions by Becky… so here goes:
- Why did you start your blog I started my blog as I had ideas, things to write about that I wanted to write to a wider audience
- Have you ever wanted to blog about something but not done it? I have, I wanted to write about some stuff for example on rascism and was taking a quote from Morgan Freeman for my point. I decided it was too dangerous… There have been others as well as this as it was in danger of turning my blog into a big rant on life. I liked positive instead!
- What was your favourite childhood movie? StarWars, the Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi… eeeasyyy!
- What do you do to relax? What’s relax?
- Who’s your favourite author right now? I don’t have favourite authors as such, more books that I like. My favourite if I have one as he has written some epic novels is Arthur C Clarke
- What’s your biggest goal for 2016? To create my own Circuit Industry Magazine and keep it going… and to win the lottery!
- What’s your perfect holiday destination? Iceland, never been there, want to so much!
- Have you tried anything new lately? Sure, something called relaxing. It didn’t last long!
- What languages do you speak? I can speak English, Yorkshire for when I’m up t’mill, Scouser if I want to do an impression of Cheryl Cole And Geordie to take the mickey out of the guy next to me at work!
- Please name a female scientist without googling it (don’t worry, this is just me hi-jacking a fun quiz to satisfy my own curiousity – if you can’t name one I won’t judge). Marie Curie and Heather Cooper – I did two I had to break one rule!
- What’s your favourite creative outlet apart from blogging. I love drawing things, different things, in different ways!
The bloggers I nominate are (why is it 11 BTW):
elliemaloney – Yes this is 12 I know, but I saw a post from Ellie and had to add her!
I’ve picked mainly newbie or relatively newbie bloggers to me. There might be one or two in there I just want to find out about!
Finally rule 5. Here are the questions I want those bloggers to answer:
- Tell me us one thing about you we don’t know about!
- Take a screenshot of the homepage on your phone and post it here. If you can’t don’t worry – put a cool picture on.
- What was your favourite childhood movie?
- What was the last creative thing you did that wasn’t a blog post?
- What was the last amazing book you read? If you don’t readt, what about a film?
- What’s your biggest goal for 2016?
- I live in the UK – what’s your first thought when you hear / read the UK?
- If you drive – what car do you own? If not, how do you get about?
- I’m well into space stuff – what was the last bit of space news you heard (don’t google) if you’re not into space, just say.
- What device do you ususally use to blog on?
- Which hot drink do your prefer? Tea or coffee?
I’m looking forward to hearing your answers, if you don’t want to reply or you’re anawards free blog just consider this a token gesture of appreciation! 🙂
Have a great day all!