I’m cycling this post again… some of you may remember it!
Yup, it’s nearly here… Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I love it. It does have one problem for me, it’s inside, all day and it never changes. well it didn’t change until a few years ago…
Part of the issue was my family and I were never with the ‘in’ crowd, so never got invited round for Christmas. So every year Christmas consisted of:
1) Tear paper off anything present like.
2) Start Christmas dinner.
3) Cook Christmas dinner while trying to get kids not to open the rest of their presents.
4) Christmas dinner cook drags.
5) Christmas dinner finally done, serve, eat and drink.
6) Clear up after Christmas dinner while feeling like I want to sleep.
7) Kids open more presents, TV etc until the end of the day.
OK – I admit, I’m exaggerating a bit. The thing is though, dinner was taking up a lot of time. A dinner?!?!
So, it was agreed that Christmas dinner would be on Christmas eve and on Christmas day we would go… to the beach. Yes, the beach, in England, in Winter. It was great! Seriously, we watched a load of people run into the sea (some of them wearing bikini’s even… not all women either but I digress).
Instead of closing the door and shutting the world out – we went to the world at a time when it’s quiet. It was fun! I’m not saying you should be as mad as me and dash to the beach, whether wearing a bikini or not, but doing something different is refreshing and I’m sure it can be for some of you out there.