Since Monday is usually a pretty boring day of the week and everyone needs cheering up, I thought I would blog about my chocolate chip Muffins. This is a great recipe that that make a muffin very close to what you get at the super market… but better! You can of course eat them warm, however I feel they’re best left overnight at least. They become all moist and sticky like a muffin should be.
Here’s the list of ingredients:
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- 225g Castor Sugar
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 5tbsp Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 275g Self raising flour
- 175g (at least) of Chocolate chunks or chips
- The method is simple – cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, yoghurt, milk and mix together well.
- Sieve the flour in and fold in to the mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips (or other sweet and fun treats) and mix in.
- Spoon into individual muffin cases and bake at 190C for around 25 minutes.
The cooked muffins shown were pretty much perfect, but check with a fork to make sure they’re cooked. These are usually forgiving to being overcooked a little, especially when left overnight as again they moisten up.
Have a go, let me know what you think of them!